Scott and I both have the feelings going all over the place. It was so sweet last night Scott told me how EXCITED he was, I said Really I am nervous. Of course I am excited the thing I am most looking forward to is holding my sweet Doran just like I have with all my other kids.
That first moment of seeing him, the first moment of Scott seeing him and then giving me that special look of love, appreciation, and amazement he gives me after having a child. That first look of the cleaned of baby, then the first hold. Usually after they take the baby off my belly to clean off, I always want Scott to hold them. Usually because I am so exhausted after the labor and delivery! I love that special time Scott has with the baby. That look he gives him. That is one thing I have always admired about my love. He looks at the children in such a special way. The look of love, what the future has to hold, amazement, and excitement. His love is so strong for each one of our children. Even now I love to see him glance at the children while he is holding them, laying by them. Just the love that pours out of his eyes, soul and touch!
Then after that passes I realize how much we still need and how much we have to get done. Like get the house ready, scrub everything, organize, and clean. It is a hard thing to do with 4 extra kids at home. Also being on strict bed rest. Then there is the putting things together. Thanks to my friend Jen we have the big things we need. Crib, swing, stroller, car seat, and more. She also gave us a ton of clothes. So we need to get busy and start washing them and hanging them up. Then it is getting the little stuff. Like diapers, soaps, lotions, bath tub holder (we are going to use the sink just need a thing we can put in it so he can lay on it.) onesies, that special coming home outfit, blankets, burp cloths, a sling, just lots of the little stuff. Also bottles (not nursing with this baby, I figure my sanity is more important) formula, bibs. UGH!! Just so much to do. That is where my nerves are coming in.
My goals for the next few weeks (in case he comes early which we are all planning)
- lists of everything we need to get
- list of everything that needs to be done
- getting my bag packed
- list of what the children need while I am in the hospital
- start deciding on who is going to watch the children
- making sure there is extra dinners made in freezer for the kids and Scott while in the hospital
- decide whether or not Scott is going to be staying with me at night at the hospital
- getting the big items set up and put where we want them
- also dont forget the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment